DAC Medical Vision offer a selection of standard assessments that suit many clients, and can create courses to suit various driving conditions, vehicle types or operational requirements specific to your drivers needs and projects.
Until recently, the implications of vehicles and safe driving as safety and health matters have been underestimated both by businesses employing professional drivers and those for whom driving is not a core business, but whose employees are required to drive as part of their duties.
Our assessments have been designed to incorporate both in classroom theory knowledge and practical driving exercises to provide participants with a comprehensive an interactive learning experience.
Larry’s Defensive Driving School is committed in generating better, safer, law-abiding and defensive drivers on our roadways, highways and freeways. Larry’s Defensive Driving School’s Programs have been designed to help you become a better and safer driver. Safe driving requires the adoption of an attitude toward operating a motor vehicle known as defensive driving. A defensive driver takes every reasonable precaution to prevent traffic mishaps, over and above what is required by law. Accepting personal responsibility is the key.
Most people understand road safety, yet many develop bad habits that can be dangerous. Students will learn to recognize the need for and benefits of defensive driving. Defensive driving involves both legal and personal responsibility. Students will be able to identify risky driving attitude and behaviours. Students will also be able to identify if a collision was preventable, as well as, familiar with this Defensive Driving Course Collision Preventable Formula.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Medical & cognitive Assessments
- Vision Waiver Program
- Defensive Driving Course
- Driver Improvement Courses
Functional Assessment Centre
- Functional Assessment Centre (FAC)/Medical-Cognitive
- Functional Assessment Centre (FAC)/ Vision-Waiver
Written & Road Test Preparation
- High risk drivers.
- Drivers who have experienced an injury or illness that is affecting their ability to drive, including an acquired brain injury.
- Drivers whose licenses have been medically suspended or are under review by a doctor or the Ontario Ministry of Transportation.
- Drivers with Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other cognitive impairments who may be unable to drive safely.
- Seniors and aging drivers who are taking medications that could affect their ability to drive safely.
Winter Driving Program
- People with driving anxiety or phobias related to driving or riding in a vehicle.
- DAC Medical Vision
1893 Baseline Rd., 1 Floor
Ottawa, ON K2C 0C7
3-400 Elliott Ave
Kingston, ON K7L 1A1
1F-275 Brockville St.
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4Z6
705 Mackay St.
Pembroke, ON K8A 1G8
1200 Second St. W.
Cornwall, ON K6J 1J3
Tel: 613-224-7480 (Ottawa)
- Smiths Falls